I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Sit! Stay! Good Baby!







Will has started doing tricks. I say it like that because the way I sound out the commands, and he lovingly obliges, he looks like an obedient little puppy. :)

This is usually how it goes--I like to do it all in a row, like we're auditioning or something:

Me: "Will, where's your nose?"
Will: Points to his nose (or my nose) and usually sticks finger up said nose

Me: "Will, how big are you? So Big?"
Will: Giant smile, hands WAAAAAY up in the air

Me: "Will, can you blow me a kiss?
Will: Opens chubby palm, opens mouth, sticks out tongue and taps his little palm to his mouth (even blown kisses are french kisses for this Casanova!)

Me: "Will, can you 'pat, pat, pat BLAST-OFF!!!???'"--this is from Little Einsteins, which I think may be my favorite show.
Will: pats his hands once or twice on his lap, giant smile, hands way up

Me: "Will, who's number 1?"
Will: points at me with chubby index finger (of course--who else would be #1???)

It's so cute. You'll have to take my word for it though, or perhaps catch him when he isn't looking, because I brought out the video camera the other day (my new indulgence, fyi) and it went more like this:

Me: "Will, where's your nose?"
Will: mouth hanging open, curious stink-eye at the camera

Me: "Will, how big are you? So Big?"
Will: mouth hanging open, curious stink-eye at the camera

Me:....well, you get the idea.

I've seen it once, I've seen it a hundred times. Kids makin' a liar out of their mamas. Little stinkers. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Will inherits my love of "the stage"! :)

No comments: