I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Life Lessons '08

A little Belated...

So I sent out a Christmas Letter this year. Yup. I did it. I always thought I would start doing that when I had kids, but when the time rolled around I felt like I didn't have much to say. The letters I was receiving shared fun vacations, new jobs and exciting stories. As I looked back at 2008, I didn't have a lot of big stories to share, but I thought, Jeff and I did learn a thing or two, and that I decided to preach to the peeps about in my "Christmas Letter"...

  • We learned the most important gifts come in the smallest packages.
  • We learned that the one thing that most certainly joins you together will unknowingly try to tear you apart, and getting through it is a victory to be celebrated.
  • We learned that we could never do it alone.
  • We learned how far from “alone” we truly are—and what an amazing blessing it is.
  • We learned how to pick our battles.
  • We learned pureed veggies are better than no veggies.
  • We learned to love the sweet smell of drool.
  • We learned just how many people love us, and pray for us.
  • We learned that a quick goodnight kiss is more romantic than previously considered.
  • We learned how hard it really is.
  • We learned that it’s all worth it.
  • We learned the power of prayer and that God is in charge.
  • We learned that Cheerios, turns out, are not the choking hazard that we once feared.
  • We learned how to have G-rated fun.
  • We learned that “no!” “stop!” and “owie!” are somehow part of a hilarious stand-up act.
  • We learned that sometimes pre-cut, pre-washed, pre-made is just fine and dandy.
  • We learned we can’t do it all.
  • We learned we can’t even do half of it!

    And most importantly…
  • We learned that love…love will keep us together.

No comments: