I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sick of the Sickness


I'm home. Again. Sick. With a sick baby. AH-gain. I feel like my head is full of cotton and that giant balls of phlegm are knocking on my gag reflex. Gross, I know. But the real reason I'm home is because I thought Will had pinkeye. The nurse says it probably is just his cold coming out of his eye but to keep-well--an "eye" on it (pardon the pun).

I have to tell you, that I'm just plain sick of it. Sick of the sickness. Sick of going to work and having sick kids cough on me. Stick their fingers in their germy mouths and up their boogery noses and then want me to hold their hand across the equipment or put a stamp on their slimy palm. Can I just tell you I've never seen a mom stop one of these kids from handing me a boogered up finger. Isn't that weird?

I'm sick of everyone assuming that because Will is in daycare, this is why he's repeatedly sick. (as in, he's been sick since OCTOBER). While this is, I'm sure, partially the reason, I'm also a freakin' carrier monkey these days. I hardly even blame the parents who drop off their sick babies at daycare. They have to go to work--I totally understand that. What I don't understand are the SAHM's who bring their little sickies into my class so they can drool and cough and booger up the equipment, me and all the other kids. Is this really something that couldn't be missed???

I'm sick of not being able to give my sick baby anything for a little relief. Recalled infant cold and cough remedies are making my life a living hell. I don't even care about my own lack of sleep, but when Will can't eat, sleep or breath, I get a little peeved. I'm sure the amount of Tylenol and Motrin I have been giving him, is probably not the best idea, but it seems to give the kid a break.

I'm sick of the sickness I tell you. I feel like someone needs to call a National Sick Day--and everyone should just stay home--just for ONE day and keep their germs to themselves--and maybe we can all get well!!!!

No comments: