I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat








This year Trick-or-Treat was a whole new ballgame. With the boys all old enough to hit the streets, we took it a bit more seriously. We decided to go with a theme, and Sadie cleverly came up with The Wizard of Oz. We were even lucky enough to have a few brand-new girlies who were willing to step in as Dorothy and Glenda the Good Witch. I can't wait to see what next year brings with Teri's new baby Maggie and Jen's little Secret Name Mantei.

I will tell you--these boys sure got the hang of what Trick-or-Treating is! As soon as Will realized that each house brought more candy, he was sprinting down the streets. No time for wagons or strollers--this guy had to RUN!

I had to open the very first piece so he could eat it the rest of the trip or he would have been a basket-case.

Unfortunately it was only about 45 degrees with a howling wind, so we didn't make it too far, but for 1 and 2 year olds, I think it was sufficient!

We returned to Sadie's for a GOULISH feast of Mummy Pizzas, Dounught Eyeballs, Graveyard Dip, Tootsie Roll Shots (for the grownups), Mummy Hot Dogs & Jack-o-Lantern Fruit Cups! That girl really knows how to throw a Monster Bash! (she keeps me on my toes!! :))

No comments: