I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Special Kid, Special Day
















Since we'd had Will's birthday bash a couple of weeks before his actual big day, we spent the day quietly as a family. We had a fun afternoon at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. This place is awesome, and PERFECT for a 2 year old who's just starting to get into the fun of pretending. His favorites were the bank (he wanted "my tickets, my tickets" aka money--I'm not sure why he calls money "tickets" but it cracks me up.), he loved the ramps that you rolled golf balls down and probably could have done that all day, and he was a big fan of the Harley exhibit with mismatched motorcycle parts--this kid is allll boy. :)

We went out for a quick lunch, which for Jeff is more stressful than fun, but we were one of 3 tables at Applebees, so I say, really, who cares. Will's favorite part was repeatedly releasing his balloon to the ceiling and saying "oops" as if it were an accident. A close second was his favorite mealtime treat-french fries--he really is my child!

We had a fun Elmo birthday cake in the evening with Grandma Hoppe, and Grandma & Papa Lloyd. However, the rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" makes Will hide under the table in embarrassment (he is Jeff's child too I guess! We all know I eat that attention up!).

It was a great to celebrate our baby turning TWO!

No comments: