I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Monday, October 12, 2009

The Storm Before the Calm....
















We so happily celebrated our little miracle's 2nd birthday this weekend, 10 days before his actual birthday.

I planned this party, oh-so-carefully, this early because
a.) I wanted it on a Sunday, because Jeff works Saturdays
b.) there was no Packer game this particular Sunday
c.) in hopes for warmer weather a few weeks early...

....yeah....so....it was approximately 40 degrees. Go figure. You think I'd learn about these outdoor parties with 50 people coming...no back up location....yeah....

Well, ANYway, the party was a huge success and I have so many people to thank for braving the cold, showering this most-spoiled boy with wonderful gifts, helping me put the last minute touches on the party, and sooo much more.

I'm glad we had this crazy, over-the-top day for my special guy a little early, because I now have just 9 short days to wipe the tears from my eyes as I watch my baby transform into a toddler...who walks, talks, jokes and pretends....who knows what he wants and how to ask for it...who knows who he loves and how to show them....who knows how to light up any and every room...

But who may never know just how much I love him....because there is no word strong enough and no birthday party grand enough to show him how special he is to me. Each night I put him to bed a little sad that the special day we shared is over yet so excited to greet the next one with him.

No comments: