I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Monday, September 26, 2011

BIG Train

My sweet Nani is a woman after my own heart. She likes to make an entrance. She loves a big splash. And she is all about making memories. She's taken all of her grandkids on a "BIG train trip". My sister and I were the first, and we went all the way to Chicago at the tender ages of 4 and 5. Nani promised Will she'd take him on a BIG train ride when he was finally potty trained. A laborious sticker chart and just under a year later, we were on the Amtrak to Illinois. We didn't go far, just the small town of Glenview, but it had a restaurant, library, and ice cream stand, so Will was good to go. He loves his Nani just as much as the rest of us, and we are so blessed to have her (active, funky, funny self) in our lives.









No comments: