I hope that Will, looking back on today
Will remember a mommy who had time to play;
Because he'll grow up while I'm not looking
There are years ahead for cleaning and cooking.
So quiet now cobwebs, dust go to sleep,
I'm loving my baby, and babies don't keep.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lions & Tigers & SIT IN YOUR CHAIR Oh My!

We braved the Tripoli Shrine Circus this past weekend!! It was a surprisingly good time.  However, I learned that a big box of popcorn truly only does last so long. I also learned that intermissions must be expertly timed--it came at the approximate moment Jeff was starting to sweat through his shirt.  The first half Will was thrilled--popcorn tightly in his grip, only realeased so he could participate in a HUGE round of applause. "Yay! Yay!"  "Yoook Mama YOOOOOOK!!! Yook at daaat!!!"  

We overspent on consessions, of course.  We managed to dodge the $10 light saber, somehow. And we snuck out at intermission, which worked out perfectly!  I would have enjoyed the second half, but we figured Will wasn't about to allow it.  He was more interested in climbing the ramps and rails of the ol' Mecca Arena once the lights came on, so we knew hopes for staying in our seats were slim to none.

The money went quickly, but the excitement on his face for that first 30 minutes was worth every penny.





No comments: